The Refreshed 2022 Honda Passport Offers a Rugged New Look and Off-Roading Capabilities
The 2022 Honda Passport New Rugged Look
Honda has recently introduced the refreshed 2022 Honda Passport, showing off its new and improved more rugged exterior design that matches its new off-roading capability. The Passport is equally at home on mountainous dirt or gravel roads as it on pavement, offering a new level of utility wherever the road takes you. This more aggressive exterior look includes a redesigned front end, a new rear bumper with larger exhaust vents.
Taking the new Passports rugged look even further is the first-ever Passport Trailsport. A new trim option for the Passport in 2022, Trailsport further highlights the off-road capability, versatility and durability that has been engineered into the brand's light trucks for more than two decades.
The Passport's cabin has also been refreshed for a sportier, adventurous character, and the entire Passport lineup has been enhanced with a new Rear Seat Reminder and Rear Seatbelt Reminder technology for additional peace of mind.
Created for active buyers who thrive on adventure, the new Passport TrailSport combines Passport's strong unibody construction, independent front and rear suspension, and available class-leading torque-vectoring AWD system with TrailSport exclusive exterior and interior styling. It builds upon a more than 50-year legacy of off-road engineering and performance that includes Honda motorcycles, ATVs, side-by-sides and light trucks.
“Some may not realize the true rugged, off-road capabilities of our light trucks,”
said Dave Gardner, executive vice president of National Operations, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
“Now they're getting tough, rugged looks to match, and the addition of TrailSport will further enhance the off-road capability of our vehicles in the future.”
The 2022 Honda Passport is expected to begin arriving in dealers this winter.
Key Features on the 2022 Honda Passport
- Standard 280-horsepower V6 engine and 9-speed automatic transmission
- i-VTM all-wheel drive with true torque vectoring available on all trim options (standard on TrailSport and Elite)
- Ground clearance up to 8.1 inches for tackling rugged terrain
- Standard 8-inch Display Audio system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
- Standard Honda Sensing system of advanced safety and driver-assistance technologies including: Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Standard Smart Entry and Push-button start
- Standard LED headlights
What’s New with the 2022 Refresh?
- More aggressive exterior design with a redesigned front end
- Updated rear styling featuring a new bumper and larger exhaust finishers
- Updated EX-L interior includes contrast stitching on perforated leather seats
- TrailSport edition features unique exterior and interior styling and standard
- intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4) all-wheel drive system with true torque vectoring
- Standard Rear Seat Reminder and Rear Seatbelt Reminder Systems on all models. The Rear Seat Reminder chimes when Passport is turned off, with a notification on the digital meter reminding drivers to check the rear seating area for children, pets, or other precious cargo when exiting the car. The Rear Seatbelt Reminder uses a warning on the digital meter to let drivers know if rear seat passengers have not fastened their seatbelts.
- Available HPD accessories package for sportier appearance
Keep posted to the Honda West blog for future updates on the 2022 release, including detailed specifications on the TrailSport edition and the exact launch date later this year.