Everything You Need to Know About the 2022 Honda Ridgeline
What's in Store for the New 2022 Honda Ridgeline
Fresh off of a full interior and exterior redesign in 2021, the 2022 Honda Ridgeline will remain largely unchanged this year. The Honda Ridgeline is the ultimate vehicle to take advantage of our beautiful natural surroundings here in Calgary. Whether you’re headed out to the mountains for a hike, pulling a trailer to go camping, or loading up your dirt bikes into the rear bed, the Ridgeline has you covered. Winter driving is a breeze thanks to the Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) AWD system that all ridgelines are built upon. This system gives the Ridgeline a much smoother ride than its competitors when you’re off-roading in tough road conditions and improving handling and responsiveness on roads and highways. Off-roading capabilities and ground clearance can be improved even further with a leveling kit that can be sold and installed at Honda West.
Honda has not released an official launch date but you can expect the Ridgeline to land at dealerships later this year. (Any updates to the launch date will be posted on our blog.) Here is everything you need to know about the 2022 Honda Ridgeline with the current information we have.
|Vehicle Trim||MSRP (excludes freight/PDI)||Fuel Economy (L/100km)|
|Sport||$45,535||11.5L/100 KM Combined|
|EX-L||$48,535||11.5L/100 KM Combined|
|Touring||$52,735||11.5L/100 KM Combined|
|Black Edition||$54,535||11.5L/100 KM Combined|
Pricing on the Ridgeline remains unchanged from 2021, with 4 trim options to help you find the best value for your vehicle needs. Standard across all trims is a 3.5L V6 direct-injection engine that produces 280 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque. This results in 5000 pounds of towing capacity and an impressive 1583 pounds of payload capacity for the cabin and truckbed of the ridgeline.
The ridgeline boasts a fuel efficiency rating well above its segment average, due to its incredibly efficient 9-speed automatic transmission and the fuel-saving econ mode which has been part of the Honda lineup for the last decade of vehicles.
Despite having a rear truck bed length of around 5 feet, the Ridgeline’s utility vastly improves its cargo capacity. Thanks to the dual motion rear tailgate you can fold down the rear tailgate to get closer to 7 feet of storage length in the rear bed. On top of this, the lockable hidden storage compartment in the bed of the truck offers an additional 7.3 cubic feet of storage, perfect for a set of golf clubs, hockey bags, or any other storage you want to keep more secure in the rear of your truck.
Off-roading enthusiasts will be happy to hear that the Honda Ridgeline will be receiving a TrailSport edition in the coming years. This will include upgrades like more aggressive tires, full-size spare tires, increased ground clearance, off-road-tuned suspensions, underbody protection, and expanded all-wheel-drive system capabilities.
"TrailSport represents the next chapter in our rugged direction and will bring exclusive styling to our existing light trucks that will appeal to buyers seeking adventure,”
said Dave Gardner, executive vice president of National Operations at American Honda.
“Our engineering team is leveraging more than 20 years of experience creating highly capable light trucks to develop this new series of adventure-ready vehicles.”
Trim Specific Options
Key Features that are standard on all trim levels:
- 3.5-litre, 24-valve, Direct Injection, SOHC, i-VTEC V6 (280 Horsepower / 262 LB-FT of torque)
- 9-speed automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) AWD system
- Intelligent Traction Management System (Snow/Sand/Mud)
- 18" aluminum-alloy wheels
- 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Honda Sensing Features - Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), Forward Collision Warning System (FCW), Lane Departure Warning System (LDW), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Blind Spot Information System (BSI), and the Rear Cross-Traffic Monitor System.
- Dual Exhaust with chrome tip finish
- LED for all indicator lights (Headlights, Taillights, Foglights, Mirror-integrated LED turn signal indicators)
- Hands-free Bluetooth
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- Proximity Key with Pushbutton start and remote engine starter
- Driver’s seat with 10-way power adjustment including power lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 225-watt AM/FM audio system with MP3/Windows Media® Audio playback capability and 7 speakers including subwoofer
- 8-inch infotainment touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Wifi tethering
Upgrading to EX-L gets you:
- Memory-linked side mirrors with reverse gear tilt-down
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Driver’s seat and mirror position memory
- Heated rear seats
- Leather-trimmed seats
- SiriusXM Radio
Upgrading to Touring gets you:
- Auto-dimming side mirrors
- Power folding mirrors
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- 150W/400W truck-bed power outlet
- Ambient lighting (footwell, door pocket, cupholders) (Blue)
- Display Audio System with Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System and bilingual Voice Recognition
- Ventilated front seats
- 540-watt AM/FM Premium audio system with MP3/Windows Media® Audio playback capability and 8 speakers including subwoofer
- Truck-Bed Audio System
- HD Radio
- 4 USB outlets (upgrades the 2 standard USB outlets)
Upgrading to the Black Edition gets you:
- Ambient lighting (footwell, door pocket, cupholders) (Red)
- Exclusive Black Edition floormats
- Exclusive 18-inch black alloy wheels
- Exclusive Black Edition bumper skid garnish
- Black gloss front grille bar
- Black heated power door mirrors
Notably, all active safety (Honda Sensing) features are standard on the Honda Ridgeline, meaning you won’t compromise your safety no matter which trim option suits your needs best. This on top of a 5-star overall safety rating shows Honda’s continued commitment to safety across its lineup of vehicles.
Honda West will keep you up to date on any future Ridgeline announcements or updates, stay posted to our blog for all the latest!