Raising The Honda Sensing™ Suite StandardDec 18th, 2018
A major selling point of the 2019 Civic is its numerous enhancements, particularly on the safety front. Among the many technologies that help make it Canada’s best-selling car, the 2019 model stands out by offering the Honda Sensing™ suite standard, across all trim levels1, on both sedan and coupe variants.
That means Civic buyers will enjoy the peace of mind that comes courtesy of a standard, comprehensive suite of driver-assist systems:
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)Detects the presence of vehicles ahead and issues audible, visual, and tactile alerts if a collision is imminent.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS®)Applies brake pressure when an unavoidable collision is determined.Learn More
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow (LSF)2Maintains a set distance while following behind detected vehicles, extending automatic following capability to stop-and-go traffic situations.Learn More
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)Monitors vehicle lane position and alerts you when your vehicle drifts into another lane without signaling.Learn More
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)Adjusts steering to help keep the vehicle remain centred in a detected lane.Learn More
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)Adjusts steering and braking if the vehicle crosses a detected lane without signaling.Learn More
Civic’s chief rivals have a hard time keeping up with these offerings. Many offer similar safety systems, but some of their features are either not available on every trim, or only included as part of available option packages. The 2019 Hyundai Elantra’s SmartSense™ suite, for example, is absent on the base trim and optional on all but the top trim level.
Your customers will appreciate that these features now come standard across the Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe lineup1. Remember to explain the outstanding Honda Sensing features, functions, and benefits to your customers to help them get the most out of these advanced driver-assist systems
Note: 1Excluding Si. 2Low-Speed Follow (LSF) not applicable on M/T models. See honda.ca for additional information and disclaimers.