Automotive Acquisition Manager
“Sell Your Wheels” Edmonton is a division of the Honda West Automotive Group based in Calgary. We are an automotive acquisition outlet that offers private sellers of used vehicles an easy, safe and reliable avenue for selling their vehicle. We only buy vehicles in the Edmonton market, we do not sell them. We will have been operating in the Edmonton market since March 1st, 2018. Our proprietary software allows us to identify and contact customers who are trying to sell their vehicles privately in the Edmonton market.
The Acquisition’s Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of Sell Your Wheels Edmonton, including acting in the Acquisition Specialist’s role. He/she will also oversee the activity and support our other Acquisition Specialists.
Our Business Development Center will contact customers in the Edmonton market and set appointments with our “Sell Your Wheels” Edmonton Buying Center.
Your role will be to meet customers who are trying to sell their vehicles privately, at our new Edmonton location. You will appraise their vehicle, provide current market data on their vehicle, and make an offer to buy their vehicle. You will also complete all paperwork involved in the purchase transaction and issue them a cheque for the transaction. It’s that simple.
Additionally, we are looking to expand our acquisition activity to include the purchase of vehicles from retail auto dealerships in the Edmonton area as well as acquire vehicles from the Edmonton auction.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Manager this opportunity will test your previous experience and skills.
- Meets with current private vehicle owners at our modern buying center with the goal of purchasing their vehicle.
- Approaches, greets and interfaces with buying center customers to appraise and offer to purchase their current vehicles.
- Utilize our inventory management system. (Vauto) to help determine actual market value.
- Understand market trends and changes to trends in geographic market.
- Appraise used vehicles.
- Review Non Purchased vehicles daily.
- Conducts follow up in consultation with our Business Development Center to continue to offer a quick, easy, and efficient way for private consumers to sell their vehicles.
- Exhibits high level of commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Knows and understands the local laws which govern retail automotive sales, AMVIC Licensed or eligible for licensing.
- Attends training courses as requested and required.
- Knows and understands equity and values, and is able to explain depreciation to the guest.
- Maintains a prospect development system of current used vehicle prospects and schedules appointments to appraise and purchase used vehicles.
- Attends Buying Center meetings.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Realize that the company’s business is built on guest satisfaction and devote himself/herself to guaranteeing satisfaction to guests.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned project
- Report to Supervisor regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews and analyses.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in the product.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on associate and guest morale.
Qualifications and Skills
We’d like you to bring the following skills with you.
- Previous pre-owned retail/wholesale automotive management experience.
- Experience buying and selling vehicles at wholesale auction.
- Understanding of market based automotive valuation methods and software (vAuto).
- High level of customer service is required.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding Computer skills required.
- Previous automotive dealership, selling or marketing experience preferred.
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, credit report, and valid driver license.
1) Comprehensive Training : Engage in a 30 day training program where you will become immersed and familiar with this position, learning how to answer any and all questions about the buying/selling process. You will also learn an easy, non-confrontational presentation approach to help guide customers through the selling process. Both customers and our staff love our non-confrontational, market value approach.
2) Guaranteed Salary plus Performance Bonus: We expect a successful manager to earn between $75,000 – $110,000 per year.
3) Comprehensive benefits program: Includes extended medical coverage, dental coverage, prescription drug coverage, vision care and a company sponsored RRSP program.
4) A Great Place to Work: Our organization was named as one of Canada’s top 10 automotive dealerships to work for. Our customers love us too – We were named one of Dealerrater’s number one dealerships in Canada for customer satisfaction.
5) Opportunities for Advancement: We love to promote from within and move careers forward. This position is an extension of our growth and success.